7 Ways to Ease Your Cat’s Anxiety Naturally
You’re probably familiar with “fraidy cat” or “scaredy-cat.” Well, anxiety and fear in cats are real issues. 24% of all cats (more than 22 million) suffer from at least one anxiety issue. What’s more, is that more than 20% of kitties suffer from multiple anxiety issues. Sadly, most cats (67%) are not treated and suffer in silence.
Cat owners may be all too familiar with the most common triggers of anxiety and fear in cats. Stress can lead to unwanted feline behaviors, whether it’s a trip to the vet, moving to a new home, or too much noise. These behaviors include hiding, excessive grooming, not eating, hissing, and biting. But the most common behavioral issue veterinarians observe in cats is peeing outside the litterbox. Furthermore, stress and anxiety are contagious, and cat parents are not uncommon to experience stress and anxiety.
What to do to help your cat without resorting to Kitty Prozac? Fortunately, some natural anxiety remedies may help.
- Calming pet supplements: L theanine, tryptophan, and choline are ingredients that may help with cat anxiety.
- Pheromone Sprays: Cats naturally produce pheromones that trigger a cat to relax. The sprays on the market are manufactured in a lab to mimic the real thing.
- Catnip: counterintuitive yes. Catnip is considered a stimulant, and while that’s true, the magic happens when the high wears off. Most cats will naturally chill out when the high wears off. There’s nothing like catnip to take the edge off 😊.
- Safe Spaces: few things freak a cat out more than being unable to escape a threat. Think the vacuum, a dog, or an energetic toddler. You can help alleviate your cat’s anxiety by providing a safe place to escape from the activity center. One option is to purchase a cat tree.
- Calming herbs such as Valerian and Chamomile. These herbs are common stress relievers for both pets and pet parents alike.
- CBD: The anecdotal evidence supporting its use for cats with anxiety is quite compelling. Learn more about CBD and cat anxiety here.
- TLC: there’s nothing like the reassuring touch of a loved one to calm your nerves.
“Chill Kitty Kitty” CBD cat calming treats are all-natural, tasty salmon-flavored soft chews infused with CBD, catnip, valerian root, tryptophan, and choline. They’re the perfect remedy to help ease your cat’s anxiety naturally.